Peyton LOVES making these...
So to do this project you will just need some newspaper and two items you most likely already have in your pantry
Then just follow these steps to make your rainbow bowl of beans:
1. Set out several small bowls - depending on the number of colors you are interested in making.
2. Pour 1/4 of a cup of Navy Beans into each small bowl.
3. Start adding food coloring to each bowl - you shouldn't need more than 2 drops in each bowl to obtain bright and cheerful color. Then, stir the color into the beans.
4. Let the beans settle in the bowl for approximately 10 minutes to ensure they absorb the color.
5. After 10 minutes have passed, lay out your newspaper and pour the beans onto the surface of the newspaper. We let our beans rest on the newspaper for approximately an hour until all of the food coloring was dry. You may need more or less time depending on the amount of food coloring you used.
6. After the food coloring is dry, simply pour all of the beans into the bowl. This may have been Peyton's favorite part - she loved touching the beans and looking at the different colors of the beans.
7. Peyton loves making bean art at pre-school, so I set up a station for her at the kitchen table with a paintbrush, bowl of glue with 2 parts water and let her decide what to do.... She ended making a beautiful rainbow on her paper with the beans and had such a fun time doing it!