Friday, November 16, 2012

Happy 10 Year Anniversary + Fun

Happy Friday Everyone! And Happy 10 Year Anniversary to me and my hubby! In today's post, I am sharing our 10 year anniversary get away that Jake and I went on last week. Last weekend, we celebrated by doing something we never get the chance to do and that is to get out of town!

For part of my birthday present, Jake booked a room at one of the loveliest spots: The Raphael. It's a beautiful hotel located in the heart of the plaza in Kansas City, Missouri. If you've never been there, you should absolutely check it out because it's adorable and is on the historical register of national hotels. Jake and I tend to be drawn to things and locations with some historical style and character, so we usually try to incorporate that in whenever we get the opportunity to go somewhere.
Our room was located on the 6th floor and had an amazing view of the plaza... So awesome...

For dinner, we decided to dine at Figlio Italian Restaurant. It's a wonderful Italian restaurant in the plaza district and was within walking distance of the hotel. Luckily, the weather was amazing so we were able to walk down without our coats and then chose to have dinner on the patio. Our waiter for the evening was great, a little different than your usual upscale dining waiter, but nevertheless, was great! Upon arrival, I did mention that it was our anniversary (I know, a little cheesy), so we ended up with a (free) champagne starter. Yum!!!
After an amazing dinner (sorry, didn't take a picture of my food - you are welcome!). We ventured out and walked around the plaza for a while, stopped by an Irish Bar and then headed back to the hotel.


We spent the rest of the evening hanging out in the hotel bar, listening to live music and drinking fun mixed drinks. On a side note, I've been reading Ernest Hemingway and he drank a lot of Campari back in the day, so I thought it would be fun to try it... Next time, I think I might drink it with a mixer... On the rocks was a little harsh... :)

The next morning I actually got to SLEEP IN (I know my friends who are parents will appreciate that!) and then slowly get ready and head down for breakfast - which was AMAZING. Anything with caramelized bananas and syrup is like heaven for me! 

It was an amazing trip and I'm so glad we took the time to celebrate our ten years of marriage together. I'm so lucky that I married my best friend and I look forward to many more memories and years together! I love you Jake Wright! You are an amazing person and I'm so lucky we get to share our lives together :) 

Have a happy day everyone!

P.S. Have to give a big SHOUT OUT and THANK YOU to my mom for watching our Peyton Jo while we were gone. She is always so amazing with her and I love that they have such a great relationship. So, thank you mom - you are an amazing person :).
Photobucket

Pin It

No comments: