Wednesday, June 27, 2012

We've got tomatoes! A diary of a gardener....

Happy Wednesday, everyone! I hope that you are having a great week! Man, it's hot here! I'm not sure why, but we are in the middle of a heat wave in the midwest and it's just too hot to be outside. Hopefully, these 100 degree temperatures won't last too much longer because it will wreak havoc in my garden. The good news is that right now, my tomato plants are starting to produce and we are starting to try a few different varieties of tomato. The picture below is one of my Black Krim varieties. As you can see from the picture, it is darker in color, but what you can't tell in the picture is that it's VERY TASTY!
I'm also very excited about how lovely both the butterfly garden and main garden are looking.

We are starting to see a few sunflowers and zinnias blooming. Zinnias are perfect with a little one because she likes to go out with her little scissors and cut a few flowers to arrange for the house. We have a special place in the entry way where she likes to display them - it's super cute!

For this picture (thanks Jake!), I just wanted to display how tall the tomato plants are starting to get - crazy, huh!?!
For anyone who is looking for a good summer read and who think they might be interested in gardening, I definitely recommend the following book...
It's a funny story about this man who is addicted to gardening and to finding new and interesting varieties of vegetables to grow in his garden. He's also prone to pests, and other issues and it's just very funny and easy to relate to if you are interested in that kind of thing.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your day - be sure to stop by later this week - I am going to have an update and lots of cute pictures for Casey Wright Photography.  :)
 Photobucket

Pin It

No comments: