Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Fun 4th!


Happy Saturday, everyone! Today I'm sharing our July 4th celebration from earlier in the week and I have a ton of fun pictures! One of the things that I love about living in a small town is that everyone is very patriotic. Every 4th of July we wake up to a flag in our yard and they do this for everyone in the city limits... So driving through town is really cool. Of course the downtown area is all decked out as well...

To celebrate this year, my parents came down to our house and we barbecued and shot off a few fireworks.
Okay, so really, Jake shot off the fireworks - nothing big this year because PJ is NOT A FAN of loud noises. Needless to say, this is not her favorite holiday. Not to mention the fact that it was about a billion degrees outside - but we still made the best of it!

A family pic! The weather has not been nice to our grass this year - it's just a bit burned up!

A very rare picture of me and my parents :)...Smile everyone! I really loved that my parents came down on the spur of the moment - it was really great for me to spend the holiday with them! 

After the sun went down, our town lit off about 30 minutes of fireworks. Luckily, they were shooting them off about a quarter of a mile from our house so we could watch them from our yard! Peyton was not a fan though so her and Jake watched them from the windows inside...
Of course, I had to practice some fun photography techniques and luckily my mom was a great sport! Thanks for being my lovely assistant, mom!
An attempt at writing love!
This is one of my favorite shots - I love that you can see the stars...
But this one is my absolute favorite! So cool!
Hope everyone had a great 4th!

On a separate note, I am excited that today is supposed to be the last HOT HOT HOT day for a while; 106 today, but only 94 tomorrow with a chance for rain the next couple of days...finally, some relief!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Photobucket

Pin It

No comments: