Friday, July 15, 2011

10 Things...


Hello Blogland friends! I have been working on a ton of fun projects and can't wait to share some of those with all of you. In the meantime, I finally finished this post that I started a couple of months ago and it was inspired by the great Nancy Doren... It's basically a list of 10 things I'm good at and 10 things I could be better at doing...Putting this list together was fun because it gave me the opportunity to really think about what my strengths and opportunities (don't you love when weaknesses are referred to opportunities!)



So here goes...

10 Things I’m Good at…
1. Having a lot of projects going on and not feeling stressed.
2. Being willing to put myself out, even if rejection is imminent.
3. Being generous with the people I care about.
4. Being a mom and a wife – my family comes first and I take it very seriously.
5. Understanding what’s important and taking a stand.
6. Being a lifelong student…thus my return to grad school and to become a teacher...
7. Trying to find the rainbow in every situation. I definitely haven’t been like this forever – as I get older and wiser, I’ve realized that there are lessons to be learned.
8. Baking…love to bake, but I always end up eating it all…which is not so good for the waistline…
9. Playing softball – it was such a big part of my life for so long and I loved having that identity.
10. Being the storyteller of the family…I’ve loved taking pictures and capturing memories for as long as I can remember…now that we are getting older, I think everyone is really starting to appreciate it!

10 Things I’m Not So Good at…

1. Not taking things personally – I have gotten better, but I’m a bit sensitive and so, sometimes my emotions can get the best of me…
2. Dealing with rejection… As much as I try to put myself out there, rejection is never fun and never easy…
3. Politics…hands down, my least favorite thing in the job world…don’t do it…don’t like it…
4. Working with people with bad attitudes…can’t we just try to find the good in life and be happy?
5. Dealing with whining… my husband is WAY better at this than me… In fact, he’s masterful…
6. Asking for exactly what I want…sometimes it’s hard to ask for help – especially if it’s for me.
7. Dealing with people who beat around the bush… I would much rather people be honest and straight forward and ask a question, then try to lead me to an answer – makes me feel very manipulated… not good.
8. Driving in bad weather…I think I would rather just stay at home when the weather gets bad.
9. Saying no…I’ve had to get better recently, but I just don’t like to hurt people’s feelings, so saying no can be hard.
10. Saying goodbye – I tend to over dramatize those moments and it makes it SO MUCH HARDER!

So there you have it folks...a little bit about me! Stay tuned - I've got a lot to share in the near future - Have a great day!


Photobucket

Pin It

4 comments:

ladymoxie said...

This is a very inspiring list! I need to make one as well to brush up on my goals. Thanks for sharing. :)

Keshet said...

I think you and I would make very good friends--I match up to SO many things on that list. Love seeing that gorgeous pic of you and hope you're having a great summer!

Unknown said...

Oh boy! I am a match on many of those things on both ends of the list. What a great idea to jot these things down. Might have to give it a try!

Marlene said...

Totally agree with you on politics. It's just an ugly topic. No such thing as honesty anymore, it seems. (And that's from all sides).