My first review is of the Smooch Spritz. Overall, I really liked how dense the spritz actually applied to the flower - a little bit really goes a long way with this stuff. After using it on a couple of flowers, I was already a third of the way through the bottle... Also, I would caution that bottle it comes in is glass and clogged after one use, so I ended up moving it into a separate spray bottle. As far as it's uses go, I would recommend using as a top coat over your initial color...in the future, I will be using it for a finish coat to apply sort of a grunge finish to my work. It would also be excellent on any background.
The next product that I tested were the Tattered Angels misting sprays. Overall, I really like the way these sprays coated a large area without using too much spray. I also liked the way that they evenly spritzed without large globs coming out at one time. They also have a really great glittery mix in the color which was really nice and they dry quickly! I used these sprays to evenly coat the flowers with a base coat. In the future, I will definitley use these misters to create interesting backgrounds and anytime I need a dash of color.
The next evaluation came in the form of the acrylic paints. In this evaluation, I tested the Making Memories acrylic paints. I've used this brand several times before on chipboard and on backgrounds, but this is the first time that I've tested it on fabrick flowers. I really liked how well this brand coated the flower and it's finish after drying. The only drawback is really how long it took for the product to dry - I ended up letting it sit overnight as to not disturb the paint. I love the rich overal look of this product and also ended up altering some clear buttons to match the project I was working on!
The final evaluation was on the Ranger Adirodack acrylic paint. Overall, I really enjoyed using this paint too. It was dense and had a beautiful shimmer on the finish. It took just as long to dry as the Making Memories brand, but I liked to over all look a bit better. The only drawback was that it came in a smaller bottle and it took a couple of coats to really fill in all of the details of the flower.
Here are a look at the flowers that I altered and the finished projects:
Well, there you have it - my evaluation of the different paints and spritzes...hope it was helpful! Thanks for stopping by and hope you stop by tomorrow - I have some exciting news to share!