Saturday, March 13, 2010

Too busy for Daylight Savings!!!

I've come to the conclusion that I'm just too busy for daylight savings this spring. I mean come on... did ever cross the decision makers mind that the night time hours are just as precious as the day time hours and that SOME people don't want to give up an hour of their creative time just so we can have an extra hour of daylight in the evening? I mean really - I have a lot of things I want to accomplish tonight and my plans don't include giving up an hour of my time...is anyone else with me on this?

Okay, now that I'm done with that :)... I have been a busy lady the past few days and here are those updates...Jake and I took a couple of much needed days off so that we could spend some time together - as many of you know, getting alone time with a little one can be quite difficult! So we decided to make the most of it and take advantage of one of the perks of my job and go to the Big 12 Basketball Tournament...we made our way up to KC, watched the game, ate a hot dog, had a beverage and killed some time - just like the good old days... here are some pics to commemorate the event...Oh and KU is still number 1 - woo hoo!!!



Also, a quick update on the Friendship Bread... I did what the directions called for... I baked the bread... and it's DELICIOUS!!! So anyone who has access to the starters - do it - it's so worth the wait - I'm actually enjoying a couple of healthy (large - not really healthy) pieces and having a cup of tea - Yummy!

Pin It

4 comments:

Sarah Lou said...

That bread looks heavenly. I dont like daylight savings much either, So I feel ya! Im hanging for ours to end!! Bring on the cold!

Lisa said...

That. Looks. Delish.

Anonymous said...

MMMMMM. You got me so wanting that bread and I can't find my starter recipe. Gotta get in touch with my dad and get it from him. Sounds like the game was awesome too.

Maggi said...

Oh I love Friendship Bread! I love trying different flavors of pudding in the recipe!