Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Little Treat

As many of you know, one of my New Year's Resolutions this year is to read one book each month. Sometimes, New Year's Resolutions become a hassle or a pain that ends up getting forgotten, but this one has turned into one of the little things I do to treat myself. I've been a little behind in getting a new book for March, but today I was able to slip away for a few minutes to pick out my next book. March's pick is called Little Bee by Chris Cleave. I love being able to roam through the stacks of books - it's probably one of my top ten favorite things to do. This one was listed number one this week for the New York Bestseller's list, so I figured I would go with their recommendation.

So I parked myself in the coffee shop with my green tea latte (already had my fill of coffee for today) and read the first chapter. It was sooooo great! So for anyone who is looking for a little treat - even if your not into reading books - take a few minutes for yourself and do something fun for you - even if it is for just an hour. It made a big difference for me and I bet that it would do the same for you!
Here is another Vinnie Pearce LO I finished - would love to hear what you think! Here are the credits.

Pin It

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been reading more this year too and loving it! I haven't read your March choice, let me know what you think.

If you are looking for good books, I've got a little bookstore on my sidebar with a list of books that I like. (If you're interested, of course.)

Your LO is gorgeous. I love what you did with the pp. I'm so inspired.

Marlene said...

Love the layout.

I just finished reading "While my sister sleeps" and thought it was pretty good, actually.

Hmmm....a book a month. I'll have to think about that one! I used to LOVE reading...but I've been slacking lately.

Anonymous said...

I love to read, I just never let myself have the time. I was lucky in VA to have a good bookstore down the road from where I worked and I also had a great library. Now I don't even know where the library is in this little town and the closest book store is ???? I can't wait to hear how you like the rest of that book.

Pamela said...

Sounds lik a great nyr! And I love your layout! :)

Marcie said...

I LOVE to read as does my daughter. We are familiar faces at our library!

Love the layout!

Linda Beeson said...

I love the big butterflies and the one round photo! CUTE layout and I'll check out that book. I have the worst time finding a book I want to read.

Sarah Lou said...

Oh a book club! I so wish I had a book club. My idea of heaven is a book store or a library!
That laout is perfectly darling!!