Thursday, January 10, 2013

My rainy day booklist +

On a rainy day like today, I can't help but think about curling up on the couch, by the fire, under a nice warm blanket, and opening up a good book. In the old days, I would run down to my local Borders and pick a few good books off of the best sellers table and head home, but with all of the technological advances in the book industry, it's just not that easy anymore - ironic, right!?!

Our local Borders stores have since closed up shop, and as a result there has been a renewed interest in the use of the local library system. Little did we know that we could always get our hands on those best-selling books, just not by the same means we always did. Today, you can go out to the world wide web and download a myriad of published and unpublished books straight to your handheld device.

I have to say, I'm not really ready for all of that, but I do love how I can go out and find recently published books, put them in my queue, and then have them delivered to my local library in a matter of just a few short days - ALL FOR FREE. Of course, I know nothing is free and that we pay taxes - thank you MBA degree, but the long and short of it is that it's a great system!

So with out further ado, here is my up and coming reading list - no real time frame or order, just a list of books I plan to tackle during the course of the next few months... (in addition to my textbooks, of course!)

(Pictures courtesy of amazon.com)
To learn more about the book and where to buy - feel free to click on the pictures of the books









So it looks like it's going to be a good and interesting blend of fiction/non-fiction/biography. Looking forward to diving in!
 Photobucket

Pin It

No comments: