Tuesday, January 18, 2011

At the pet shop...2-pager

Hey everyone! I hope that if you were lucky enough to have a long weekend - it was great! Jake and I had a lot of fun hanging out yesterday. MLK day is the one day of the year that we are both off of work and the babysitter is open, so we take some much needed time for ourselves and hang out. We kicked around the city and had lunch - it was a lot of fun! I'm happy to say that I'm refreshed for my week and ready to get started - classes begin on Thursday, so I'm getting ramped up for another semester. Both of my classes are about children's literacy and children's literature, which is awesome, because I completely dig reading with Peyton, so I will get to learn some really practical stuff to share with her too.

Okay, on with my creative sharing... Today, I'm presenting a layout that I made based on the very talented Allison Davis (see sketch at bottom). I really love to make two-page layouts, but they require a lot more thought because I'm using a lot more pictures. I love using Allison's sketches for these types of layouts because I can basically look at what sizes the pictures should be...print them off at home... and get to work on my layout by adding my own personal touches along the way... Here is a closer look at what I did (feel free to click on the picture for a larger view)..

Credits
Patterned Paper: Martha Stewart
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Titlework: AC Thickers
Embellishments: Jillibean Soup, Cosmo Cricket, Tim Holtz
Ink: Ranger, AC
Ribbon: Misc.
Thread: Misc.
Stamp: Office Depot Date Stamper
Tools: Singer Sewing Machine

Based on Allison Davis Sketch

I had a lot of fun finally scrapping these pictures and glad that I was able to put so many on a page. I just can't believe that it's already been a year since we did that - time moves so quickly these days.

Well, that's it for today. Be sure to stop by tomorrow - I'll be sharing some other lovely scrapping goodness! Take Care, my friends and have a great day!
Photobucket

Pin It

9 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful! Love all the pictures and the stitching. Need to stash this away to lift. Dylan loves going to the pet store - such a great easy way for entertainment! :)

Murphy's Law said...

awesome lo!! you rocked the sketch. interestingly enough i did a 2 pager and i HARDLY NEVER EVER do them. they baffle me. hmmm...maybe sketches. doh! lol!

Laura said...

This is gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE when I see stitching on pages. I get really jealous too because I don't have a sewing machine. ;)

Connie Mercer said...

I don't do to many 2 pagers. i really like what you did~you have it nailed!!!

Marlene said...

I love it!! Fabby layout!! I used to struggle with two page layouts all the time! (I say "used to" only because I haven't gotten off my lazy butt and created a layout in a whole year now! Sad, huh?)

ellen s. said...

oooh! i love that cluster of embellies!

nancy said...

Casey, this is a truly beautiful layout! So nicely composed & I love the colors.

yyam said...

So lovely Casey! Love the curves and those clusters of embellies! Well-composed :)

JenR. said...

super cute! I love the cluster with the bird.