Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sad Day...

So, today I'm going to deviate some from my normal posts...I typically try to be positive and upbeat, but today I have some sad news to share... On Tuesday night, we had to put down our 7 year old Lab, Bailey. It was such a sad experience, that it really makes me question whether I will ever want to own another pet again. Only time will tell. So, those of you who have pets out there, love them and hug them as much as you can...

This is the last picture I have of Bailey. I was actually taking a picture of the tree we lost right after the storm, so she's a little out of focus...the sad thing is that now we've lost her and that tree and it all happened in the same place in our yard...not sure I'm going to visit that section of our yard anytime soon. Sorry for the sad news...Thanks for letting me share....


Photobucket

Pin It

9 comments:

Marlene said...

Oh, I am so sorry!! :( It's never a good thing when a beloved pet dies. In time, you will heal...and the memories you had with your pup will be happy ones. Never say never as far as not wanting another. It's perfectly normal to feel that way right now - but I have a hunch your heart is big enough to welcome another furbaby in time...when you're ready.

Amy said...

I am so sorry Casey. Our lab is 5 years old and I can't even imagine. That's young for a doggie to go. *hugs* May peace & comfort be in your heart.

JenR. said...

Casey, I'm so sorry! We're going through a little bit of this right now too! We got our dog 13-14 years ago, when my sister was only 2. She has literally grown up with her, and she's getting pretty bad. I know Bailey was a family member too! My thoughts are with you now!

Jen

Unknown said...

Oh Casey, i am sorry to hear this sad news. I can imagine how you must feel.
Take your time, there will be day you feel much better and you might even be filled with joy by having a new pet. Time will tell, indeed!

Love and blessings,

xx

Daniƫlla

Laura said...

Hugs! It is so hard to lose a pet. :(

Suzanne said...

I am so sorry!!! Sending hugs your way!

Jen said...

Casey I'm so sorry about your pup! That is such a hard time. Here is *big hugs* from Michigan.

Mindy Hanson said...

Oh Casey. So sorry you have lost of Bailey. Wish there was something I could do or say to help you deal with this terrible sadness. I've been there and I understand just how much of an integral part of the family a pet can be. Sending much love and comfort to you and the family.

Katey said...

so sorry cas. makes me sad to hear this.