Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This is embarassing....

So, I was debating on whether or not I should actually tell this story, but I thought there might be chance that some (or maybe all) of you can relate... How many of you love cookies...how many of you love to eat the cookies after cooking them...how many of you like to eat the cookie dough while cooking them...how many of you have just made the cookie dough to eat and not bake? If you've answered yes to all of these questions, please read further... If you answered no, please move on to the pretty LOs :)....

Okay, so tonight, I was really craving cookie dough. During the holidays, I made these melt in your mouth sugar cookies - that's actually the title of the recipe :)! And I have been craving them pretty much ever since I had them... Well, I decided tonight that before I go to do some late night scrapping that I would make some dough...to eat...

Now that I'm older, I'm a lot more conscientious about what I'm eating these days and I'm not trying to get salmonella food poisoning... so I decided to alter the recipe a bit and not put eggs in it....it was......not good! I'm not sure that was even a strong enough description of how disgusting the experience was on my palate... So a word to the wise...either take the risk of getting salmonella or cook the cookies... but whatever you do - don't try this at home!!!!

However, if any of you out there have any recipes for sugar cookie dough that does not include eggs, I would LOVE for you to share it!!!

As for scrapping, I have two LOs to share...one digital...one paper. Enjoy!


Pin It

7 comments:

Jen Martakis said...

Yep, you gotta risk the salmonella. LOL

Love your layouts Casey! :)

Mindy Hanson said...

Your post is hilarious! Making the cookies just so I could eat the un-cooked dough...totally something I would do.

I should maybe pay more attention to the salmonella rish however, I always let my kiddies lick the beaters...raw eggs and all. Something my mom did and I've just carried it.

Beautiful LO's too BTW. You paper scrap as well. That was how I got started in scrapbooking 10 years ago but I subsidized the tools needed for digital scrapbooking with my paper stash.

wholarmor said...

Maybe you should try the egg substitute. ;) I just risk the salmonella.

Really cute layouts! Of course, there's a cute baby on them, so that makes them all the better!

Lydia said...

Thanky you for your kind comments on my blog, I love your sweet layout the file tabs look beautiful!

byondbzr said...

LOL! Super cute LO's!

Kerry McKibbins said...

Oh, come on..what's a little salmonella.
Thanks for visiting my blog. Love yours!

Lydia said...

Love that sweet layout the file tabs look great and thanks for you kind comments on my blog!