Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Dear Santa...

I finished off a little project that I've had on my "to do list." I love this line of Santa's Workshop paper by Reminisce, so I put together a LO and a card... Here is a couple of photos of my workspace while I was putting both of them together...


Here's the cropped and finished version of the LO - I really love the baby blue and the red together I think it turned out pretty well!


For the card, I cut a 4.25 x 2.75 piece of the "Ho Ho Ho" paper and attached ribbon to the top to make it look like a wrapped present. I added a tied bow to finish off the look.

I then attached the present to a 5x7 piece of kraft paper that was folded in half. Next, I cut a 1.5 inch tag using my Cricut and added a silver elastic strip to attach under the bow.

The next step is to write "Dear Santa" on the tag and to begin adding the gemstones to the card.

I chose to add the accents around the edges of the card and to the tag. It gave the illusion of lights around the card, but I think it would look equally as nice without the additional gemstones. Here is the finished look:

I'm planning adding the journaling on the inside of the card that I wrote last year at this time and then adding it to my scrapbook using a 6x12 piece of hambly overlay and in a 6x12 page protector.

Pin It

2 comments:

Aly Dosdall said...

hey there! just popped over to let you know you won the ella e-book give away on my blog. email me and i'll get you hooked up: dosdallda@juno.com. adorable card btw!

Mary Jo said...

I love that card! So cute!